19 Oct Supportive Slippers and Staying Pain-Free at Home
Do you have heel or foot pain that just seems to get worse as the day wears on? Adding a good supportive slipper to your footwear collection could make all the difference. Even if you regularly wear orthotics, a little extra foot support around the house with a good slipper, is a great way to keep your feet happy. Stay comfortable and pain-free day-to-day, but don’t forget to give your feet a little TLC at home, too!
Benefits of Wearing Supportive Slippers
Let’s say you wear supportive footwear day to day. What happens when your day is done? Are you barefoot the minute you get home? Walking barefoot puts a strain on your feet and can complicate things if you suffer from foot pain. This is where you could really see a benefit from wearing a supportive slipper. Adding a good, supportive slipper to your routine ensures you’re getting the support you need to stay pain-free and comfortable, both at work and at home. Other benefits include:
- Providing arch support at home
- Ease of use: You can SLIP in and out of slippers easily, which means you’re more likely to wear them.
- Less wear and tear on your day-to-day shoe and/or orthotic inserts if you switch to slippers when you get home.
What to Look for in a Good, Supportive Slipper
There are characteristics to look for when shopping for a good slipper to add support and reduce foot-pain.
Some things to look for:
- Good orthotic footbed (Insole): Gives proper arch and heel support.
- Shock absorbing midsole: Reduces stress on the foot
- Consider brands that specialize in orthopaedic footwear
- A removable insole: Not essential but a nice feature since you can choose to wear your slippers with a custom-made orthotic or an over the counter insole.
BioPed Recommends These Supportive Slippers
A good, supportive slipper can go a long way to help keep you comfortable and pain-free at home. Fortunately, there are lots of orthotic-friendly slippers to choose from to fit your lifestyle, comfort needs, and fashion!
Check out our collection of Supportive Slippers and Stay Comfortable throughout your day!